HomeSense is owned and operated by TJX UK, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX UK is registered in England and Wales.
Registration Number: 3094828. VAT Registration Number: 662563524
Registered address: 73 Clarendon Road Watford WD17 1TX.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX UK from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Last updated 27th July 2015
General Terms and Conditions
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX UK
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
- If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with their Terms and Conditions.
- TJX UK will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary materialdue to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Gift cards can be purchased in store and online for Homesense and TK Maxx.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. Homesense gift cards can be used in Homesense and TK Maxx stores. A gift card can only be used in the country in which it was purchased.
2. There are two types of gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it at any time up to a maximum value of £999.99. A specified value gift card has a fixed amount when purchased and further amounts cannot be added. Ask in store if you are not sure which gift card you have.
3. Gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise. No more than five gift cards can be used in one transaction. Gift cards purchased in store cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
4. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
5. Purchases made with a gift card will be deducted from the balance until it reaches zero. No change will be given, so the remaining balance will stay on the gift card and can be spent on future purchases. If the purchase price exceeds the amount available to spend on the gift card, the remaining balance can be settled via another accepted payment method. You can check your balance in store or online at www.homesense.com
6. The cost of anything you buy with a gift card and return to store in accordance with the TK Maxx and Homesense Returns Policy will be refunded to a gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
7. The funds on your gift card are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for gift cards purchased online please see our gift card order page.
TERMS GOVERNING WEB CONTENT AND ITS USE
Linking to this web site
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX UK. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX UK, TK Maxx, Homesense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX UK, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made.
Submission and uploading material to our website
Such disclosure, submission or offer of Submissions and your agreement to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute an assignment to TJX UK of any intellectual property rights.
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX UK will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions.
Further, TJX shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX UK shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TJX will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX UK does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX UK makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX UK's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX UK's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely ressembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX UK will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX UK provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX UK and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX UK. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX UK.
How do I return something I bought in store?
Merchandise must be unused and in its original condition including packaging and labelling
Pierced jewellery and gift cards are excluded from our returns policy
If you paid by credit or debit card any refund will be to the original card you used to purchase
If you paid by gift card, the refund will go on to another gift card
Gift receipts can be used to return an item for exchange or gift card but not refund
Homesense items cannot be returned to TKMaxx stores and must be returned to Homesense stores only
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
HOMESENSE GREEN FLOWER INSTANT WIN
Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 16+ only. 30/04/22 -01/05/22. No purchase necessary. Receive a green flower with a tag from a participating TK Maxx store & take it to a participating HomeSense store to receive your prize. Prizes per participating store, per day: 400 x bags of jellybeans & 100 x £5 HomeSense gift card for that participating store. Retain tag to enter. Max 1 entry & prize per person. Winner must claim prize and redeem gift card during promotion period. Visit https://www.homesense.com/terms-and-conditions for full T&Cs & Prize details. Promoter: TJX UK.
Full Terms and Conditions:
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary. Purchase of a product will not increase chances of winning.
- Promotion Period: Visit a participating TK Maxx store (see clause 5 for a list of participating stores) during opening hours on the 30th April or 1st May 2022 inclusive.
- To Enter: Receive a green flower with a HomeSense branded UV tag (“Tag”) from a promotional team member at the exit of a participating TK Maxx store. The Tag will outline the address of a HomeSense store (see clause 5 for a list of participating stores) and instructions on how to participate.
Take the Tag into the participating HomeSense store as instructed and present it to a promotional team member who will scan the Tag to reveal what Prize you have won. Tag must be retained in order to enter.
- Participating stores:
- TK Maxx:
- Aberdeen – Unit 1, Union Square shopping centre, Guild St, Aberdeen AB11 5RG
- Birstall - Unit 2, Birstall Retail Park, Holden Ing Way, Birstall, Leeds WF17 9DT
- Cribbs Causeway - Unit 2, Centaurus Retail Park, Centaurus Rd, Patchway, Bristol BS34 5TS
- Farnborough – Unit 2, Farnborough Gate, Blackwater Retail Park, Farnborough GU14 8BL
- TK Maxx:
- Aberdeen – 651 Retail Park, Aberdeen, Union Square, 6/7 East Terrace, Union Square, Guild Square, Aberdeen, AB11 5RD
- Birstall – 621 Retail Park Leeds, Birstall Retail Park, Birstall Retail Park, Holden Ing Way, Leeds, WF17 9DT
- Cribbs Causeway – 644 Retail Park Bristol, Centaurus Retail Park, Centaurus Retail Park, Centaurus Road, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 5TS
- Farnborough – 628 Retail Park Farnborough, Blackwater Shopping Park, Farnborough Gate Blackwater Retail Park, Farnborough, GU14 8BL
- Maximum of 1 Tag is permitted per person. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
- The Prizes: There will be a total of 500 winners per Participating Store, per day (2000 winners per day, 4000 winners in total). The following Prizes will be available in each Participating Store per day:
- 400 x 25g bag of Jelly Beans
- 100 x £5 HomeSense gift card.
- All winning Tags have been made available to be won in a fair and random process.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- Winners will not have a choice of what Prize they receive. The Tag received will determine what Prize the winner has won.
- Gift cards will only be valid for the participating HomeSense store in which the gift card was awarded.
- Gift cards will only be valid for the 15th & 16th April 2022. Thereafter the gift cards will expire and will not be valid for future purchases.
- Prize Claiming: If you receive a Tag, you will be required to follow the instructions on the winning ticket by the end of the Promotion Period to participate. Any claims received that do not meet these requirements or are received after the Promotion Period, will be void and invalid.
- Prize Acceptance: Once eligibility of a Prize is confirmed and the Prize is accepted, the relevant Prize associated to the Tag will be awarded to the winner immediately. In the unlikely event that the winner does not receive their Prize immediately, they must inform a promotional team member before they leave the HomeSense store they have visited. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize at its sole discretion.
- Due to the nature of the Promotion and the nature and value of the Prizes, no winners list will be made available for this Promotion.
- The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
- The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, you will be disqualified. Any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
- Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
- Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
- Disqualify entrants which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
- Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize for another of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or not made within the Promotion Period.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
- If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
- By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.