Last year saw Hygge, the soul-fulfilling Scandinavian lifestyle trend that embraces the simple every day, take over our homes and our hearts. This year, it’s the turn of Lagom. While Hygge focuses on finding contentment and personal serenity, Lagom is more about moderation. The Swedish concept translates to ‘just the right amount’ and encourages stripped-back aesthetics, with all possessions adding quality or function to our lives. Here are five simple ways to add a touch of Lagom to your home…
1. Declutter. Get the most from your new season makeover by taking it back to the essentials. Open your space by keeping what you need and secondly adding the things you want. Beautiful storage is the perfect way to be selective with your stuff.
2. Cool colourings. For a zen feeling that lasts, opt for grey hues layered with a subtle accent of blush pink or mustard accessories. Minimalistic neutrals create chic simplicity and can be easily updated every season.
3. Muted materials. Organic materials are ideal for bringing nature to you so make wood, cork and concrete effects your go-to.
4. Go green. Hanging indoor plants from the ceiling or surfaces will bring energy and positivity to your home, as well as freeing up floor space.
5. Light it up. Add a stylish soft glow with soothing candles and atmospheric fairy lights. Be sure to use LED bulbs to really embrace the Lagom way of life.