It’s safe to say that we may feel slightly out of practice when it comes to hosting. But it’s time to banish those “What if no one arrives?” thoughts… because we’ve called upon the fabulous Emma Louise Connolly to share her tips on how to ace entertaining at home – for irresistible prices. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.
- “Other than the sun shining, nothing will make me happier than getting my home ready for having friends and family round. Recently I’ve been picking up delicious foodie pieces from Homesense’s gourmet food section and new designer pots and pans while also treating myself to more standout serving dishes and other accessories. I always find whatever you serve your yummies on will elevate the look of the dish, and my friends ALWAYS ask me where they’re from.”
- “As a huge lover of hosting, to me the ambience is an integral part of setting the scene for a great meal. Colourful candles and statement candle holders are perfect for creating a relaxed vibe that’ll take you and your space from day to night in an instant. And smell good too.”
- “However you choose to decorate your home for entertaining this summer, just go for it and enjoy the freedom to experiment with your homeware style! With thousands of unique finds on offer and new deliveries throughout the week, Homesense is my favourite shop to stand out from the rest.”
- “No need to plan ahead if you have a range of pieces to hand that can be switched up for different occasions. This summer I’m all about trying different tablescapes each time I host. I’ve picked up a selection of different pieces at incredible value from Homesense including table runners, faux flowers, vases, candle holders, mix and match cutlery and eye-catching ornaments that can be arranged differently each time. Hosting dinner now has a new layer of fun, experiment and go wild!”
- "No matter the size of your outdoor space, it’s an extension of your home and therefore, worth curating. Updating your outdoor dining area is an exciting and easy way to switch up your space to create some fun memories with your friends and family this summer. A colour block set of garden tables and chairs makes such a fun space for hosting friends in or for reading your favourite book in the sun. Or for tropical vibes, decorate with a parasol and let yourself be transported to a magical paradise, while staying cool in the shade.”